Pages

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Umbrellas

My new creation are umbrellas. I think they are both cute and practical for minibooks and layouts

I made these using a paper pattern I printed from clip-arts, and then cut the shape in fabric, cover with acetate and draw the lines with a marker to give it dimension, and embellished with little pearls. I did two different versions of these umbrellas, the multidimensional one, was done cutting a circle on fabric and then glue wood sticks I cut based on the measures of my circle. I borrow wood stirrers, from Starbucks, and cut them with a jewelry cutter. Using hot glue I kinda close it and shape it the way I wanted it to look and then glue the hanger, by using one of those pipe cleaners which I manipulated to create the shape.






No comments:

Post a Comment