Pages

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Wedding Album for a friend

Hello my dear and faithful readers.  I have created this minibook for a friend who's going to be married next month and I thought this will be an excellent idea for a wedding gift, because she loves these books.  My friend likes bold bright colors, so I had to tune my mind into that preference.  Not what I precisely would've selected, but since it's a gift for her, for her wedding, I tried to stay withing the colors she is going to use in her wedding and that she likes.  Therefore, you'll see a lot of burgundy, blue, teal, red, green and yellow.  She is going to use all sort of bright colors, (not pastels) in her wedding and her wedding rings are going to be white gold. That...I found out after I did the bride dress.  You'll see below.  Too late to change, unless one of you can give me an idea on how to change the gold pearl necklace and the dress top. ;-(
I want to thank and give credit for some of this pages and ideas to Ms. Esther from Esther Crafts, (YT) https://www.youtube.com/user/esthercraft.  She did a wedding minibook, a few years ago, and It kind of stay with me.  I was waiting for the occasion to be able to do one.  That occasion finally arrived.  Her minibook was my inspiration.  A video soon will come to have a better idea of how it really looks.  I am still in the process.  Recording is so difficult.  Thank you all for visiting this blog.  ;-) 
 Picture area and a pocket in the right lower corner,  for tags. Two tags cut out from the paper collection.  lots of foil paper.
 Pocket for tag in the left.  paper flowers and a ribbon with the word Memories.    A pull tag in a hidden pocket on the left. In fact all pages have one.
 Here I have made a  set of three pockets, with 4x4 tags, for journaling.  The paper flowers added in the right lower corner of the pockets create a 3D effect in contrast with the designer paper behind.
 I left this area open with a space for a 5x6 picture.  I fussy cut some flowers from the paper collection, and add some butterflies and embellished them with a rhinestone.   Some of the flowers in this bouquet are hand made flowers.  The rest I bought them on E-bay.  Two tags were added for journaling.
 Metal Frame bought on Joan, and a minibook, for additional pictures.  I added some tiny roses in the lower corner of the frame.  Some rhinestones to create an elegant effect.  Hand made flower underneath the frame. The frame allows her from the top to insert a picture.  That's fantastic.!  I love those opportunities.
 Hand made flowers in the left.  Area for picture. Since some of the pages are sooo busy, I decided to give it a break here and left the page pretty dimple, anyway, the designer paper says it all.
This is one of the ideas I took from Esther crafts, she did an amazing amazing job, and here is my attempt to re-create in some way her page.  Jijiji not even close to Esther.  But this is a page which represents the bride, she can attach a picture behind the pocket, and has a few tags for journaling. 
 This is a waterfall element in this page, with the intention to provide additional room for pictures.  Minibooks are all about pictures!!!  Aren't they? Five pictures in total can be accommodated here.
 Another page with a pocket for journaling and room for picture in the right.  I had embellished the page with feathers, dimensional stickers and pearls, and ribbon, and flower spray and paper flowers.
 This multi pocket technique I learned from Laura. ( Following the paper trail)  Has pockets on the right and one in top.  Perfect for Journaling.
 This is a minibook, for my friend to insert pictures from the groom.  it opens up and has  four pages inside.  The top hat was so much fun to do.  Thanks Esther for the idea.
 This folded multi page, ( Sorry I am not sure how to describe it ) made from a 12 x 12.  I learned from Kathy Orta.  Below is a view of the interior.  Six additional pictures can be incorporated here.


 Closer look of the flowers.
 I covered all the flower (except the fabric ones) with Stickles.
 Closer look of the wedding dress.  I did the dress with a fabric napkin I found in a thrift store.
 Fabric and paper flowers I did.


Some of the tags.

The cover.  Oh I have incorporate here a bunch of things, fabric and paper flowers, Stickers, metal embellishments and wood pieces altered with gesso.  The cover paper is flock paper in Burgundy.

No comments:

Post a Comment