Pages

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Seashells for my Christmas decorations!!

I've been thinking what can I do...how can I decorate my bathroom for the season, without loosing the Floridian, beachee style I love so much and that also is the accent of my apartment.  Well I came with this idea.  I painted this seashells using craft paint and glitter glue.  I can now fill my mini baskets with the painted shells in the season colors and still keep the tropical ambiance.





After I clean them I add a coat of clear glue and let it dry, to prepare the surface for color.  Then I applied these colors and others I don't show here.







I applied two different techniques here for two different finished.  With the paint still fresh on the shell, I applied the glitter glue for a more creamy finished.  For the other one I waited until It dried and then applied the glimmer mist for a more "sparkling" effect.   
And this is what I got . In the second image the creamiest ones are in the left low corner.  Do you see the difference?